Posted on | November 19, 2009
According to the professionals, thawing a turkey, especially a big one, takes some time. I listed the recommended thawing methods and times below. Gobble Gobble – Justin Flores
- Thaw breast side up, in unopened wrapper, on a tray in the refrigerator.
- Allow for at least 1 day of thawing for every 4 pounds of turkey.
- Thaw breast side down, in unopened wrapper, in enough cold water to cover it completely.
- Change the water frequently to keep the turkey chilled.
- Estimate a minimum thawing time of 30 minutes per pound for a whole turkey.