Posted on | May 25, 2010 | No Comments
From Careerbuilder.com, here are 10 real-life mistakes that illustrate what not to do when you sit down for your next interview:
- Candidate answered cell phone and asked the interviewer to leave her own office because it was a “private” conversation.
- Applicant told the interviewer he wouldn’t be able to stay with the job long because he thought he might get an inheritance if his uncle died – and his uncle wasn’t “looking too good.”
- The job seeker asked the interviewer for a ride home after the interview.
- The applicant smelled his armpits on the way to the interview room.
- Candidate said she could not provide a writing sample because all of her writing had been for the CIA and it was “classified.”
- Candidate told the interviewer he was fired for beating up his last boss.
- When the applicant was offered food before the interview, he declined saying he didn’t want to line his stomach with grease before going out drinking.
- An applicant said she was a “people person” not a “numbers person” – in her interview for an accounting position.
- During a phone interview the candidate flushed the toilet while talking to hiring manager.
- The applicant took out a hairbrush and brushed her hair.
Managers, have you ever had a strange interviewee?