Posted on | June 28, 2010
Since the days of Adam and Eve, gals have known one thing with certainty — men don’t have a clue. And, no doubt, guys feel the same way about women. But Barbara and Allan Please, authors of “Why Men Don’t Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes,” have some advice that can help both sexes get a grip on what’s going on and make a lasting love connection. Here’s a test for the ladies. Do you agree with these statements about your relationships with men?
- Nagging will pay off in the long run — No. Stop nagging and re-train him. Leave his dirty shorts and wet bath towel on the floor until he figures out they don’t wash themselves. He’s not stupid, only lazy.
- He should enjoy shopping as much as you do — Never. Men find shopping stressful. But he can be trained if you go “hunting” for only one item. It’s like bagging game. And keep shopping jaunts to 30 minutes or less with no browsing.
- Without a remote to channel surf, he’s lost — True. Accept this fact. If it drives you crazy, get another TV and snuggle down with your pet and a good tearjerker.
- They’re stupid not to ask for directions — Wrong. Incredibly, men have an innate ability to find their way without asking for help. But it can’t hurt to keep a map in the car. If you’re really lost, ask for a potty break and he can get directions without admitting he’s up the creek without a paddle.
Guys how much do you know about women? See if you agree or disagree with these statements.
- She wants you to solve her problems — Wrong. Instead of instructing and problem-solving, listen and be supportive. Believe it or not, women can, and do, figure out solutions to their difficulties. All they need is your support and a hug.
- Women have too many shoes — Never. Accept it. There’s no such thing as too many shoes. Stop counting and find something else to obsess about.
- Women make such a big deal over the toilet seat being up — True. If you’ve never fallen into a toilet in the middle of the night, you won’t understand why it’s such a big deal. The perfect solution is his and hers toilets. If this can’t be arranged, be gallant and put the seat down.
- They beat around the bush, instead of getting to the point — True. Men and women communicate on different levels. You want her to get to the point, and she will — eventually. Sit back, nod and agree, don’t offer any solutions since you don’t have a clue and give her a big smooch when she’s done.
Now that we ALL know the answers, let’s work harder to make our relationships better. – Justin