Posted on | June 11, 2010 | No Comments
Women’s Health gives us some Father’s Day stats:
1966 was the year Father’s Day was first declared a holiday.
1 in 5 women say their first word was “dada.”
- 18% of women hope to find a guy just like their dad.
- 15% of women said as kids they thought their old man could kick Superman’s butt.
- The Average Woman’s all time favorite sitcom dad is ‘Cliff Huxtable,’ The Cosby Show
- Coolest thing the Average Woman’s dad taught her to do how to be a ‘Ms. Fix-It.’
- She calls her dad a average of 6 times a month.
- She visits her dad 3 times a month.
- She spends her quality time with dad yapping over coffee most often chatting about her lazy brother, nagging mother, or mooching uncle.
- 50% of daughter’s send dad a card for Father’s Day.
- 42% give him a call or a gift.
- $88.80 is the amount the average woman spends on her dad for Father’s Day.
- $122.16 is the amount the average women spends on her mom for Mother’s Day.
- The most popular gift for Father’s Day is a necktie.
- 30% of dad’s think a necktie is the worst choice for a gift.
- 22% of women say they’re closer to their Dad than their Mom.
- 1 in 3 say Dad’s easier to talk to than Mom.
- 26% of women would describe their dad as a tough guy.
- 14% of women think their dad is a big softy.
- Nearly a third of women say their trait they inherited from Dad and which they hadn’t is his temper.