Posted on | August 9, 2010
August 9-15 is Resurrect Romance Week. Here are some simple tips for men to become more romantic, according to the book “Living Romantically Everyday.”
- Make a list — Make a list of the special days on the calendar that you celebrate together, such as the day you met, your yearly anniversary, or even the anniversary of your first kiss.
- Toast to her — Toast each other when you sit down to dinner. It doesn’t need to be over bubbly or wine, but even a glass of water or iced tea. Tell her something you love about her and then drink to it!
- Reach out and touch her — Use the power of touch to make a lasting impression throughout the day.
- Create a photo album — Take pictures often; don’t save the camera for holidays and special occasions. Create a visual scrapbook of your everyday life together.
- Take note of significant things — Set something aside for her every day. It might be a newspaper article you read during your commute, a link to a web site you came across, or even a story you heard by the office water cooler.
- Be thoughtful — Do something thoughtful for her every day. Whether it’s making her a cup of coffee in the morning, sticking a surprise note in her bag, or leaving her a chocolate “kiss” on her pillow before bedtime.
- Keep up your appearance — Let her see you at your best. It’s ironic that we dress up to meet total strangers but let ourselves go around our nearest and dearest. Most women love to see their men clean-shaven, in great clothes and perhaps wearing a hint of her favorite cologne.
- Tell her about your moods — Be honest if you are feeling stressed or under the weather. Your woman will appreciate your honesty and will know not to take it personally when you come home in a bad mood.
- Discuss your day — Sit down together when you get home and relate your daily experiences. The best thing about spending time apart is that it makes you appreciate each other more.
Question: Ladies, what would you like to add to this list? Something taken off?