Maryann’s Slow Cooked Roast
3 to 5 lb rump roast
2 slices bacon
1 clove garlic
1 Tbl Italian seasonings
1 can tomatoes
1 chopped onion
Green Bell Pepper
Place the un-drained chopped tomatoes and chopped onion in slow cooker
Rub roast w/chopped bacon, garlic & Italian seasonings place on top of tomatoes & onions.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 – 10 hours.
- Remove beef from cooker.
- In small bowl, mix 3 TBL. cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; stir into tomato mixture.
- Return beef to cooker.
- Cut large mushrooms in half. Slice bell pepper into strips.
- Arrange mushrooms & Bell peppers around beef.
- Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until tomato mixture has thickened and vegetables are tender.
I served this with mashed potatoes…but egg noodles would be good too!