1 lb. Ground pork
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup minced carrots
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
1 tsp. Ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp soy sauce
1 /2 tsp sugar
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 package spring roll wrapper
Serve with a Sweet chili dipping sauce if desired.
- Place a wok or large skillet over high heat and pour one tbsp. vegetable oil. Cook the ground pork, stirring frequently until no pink is showing.
- Remove pork from pan and set aside. Drain the grease from the pan, leaving a thin coating cook garlic and onion in the same pan for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pork, carrots, green onion , and cabbage. Season with pepper, salt, garlic powder and soy sauce and add tsp of sugar.
- Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Place 3 heaping tsp. of the filling diagonally near one corner of each wrapper. Leaving 1.5 inch space on both ends. Fold wrapper tightly as you roll starting along the long side of the wrap.
- Tuck in both ends. Moisten the side (use beaten egg yolk) to seal the edge. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap to keep them moist.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oil to 1/2 inch depth and heat for 5 minutes. Slide 3 or 4 lumpia rolls into the oil. Fry the rolls for 2 minutes until the sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili Dip sauce.