Makes about 20 (3-inch) biscuits
|2 1/2*||cups||Bob’s Red Mill Garbanzo & Fava Flour (OR 1 1/4 cup garbanzo/chickpea flour and 1 1/4 cup fava bean flour)|
|1/2||cup||homemade or low fat, low sodium chicken broth|
*Be warned that you’ll need plenty of extra flour for dusting the countertop, rolling pin, cookie cutter, and pretty much anything else that is going to come in contact with the dough. You will also use some for dusting the biscuits.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the flour in a bowl. Add the chicken broth and egg, and stir to combine.
- Use your hands to press the mixture together until it forms a smooth, homogenous ball of dough.
- Dust the countertop very generously with flour. Dust the dough with a little extra flour before rolling it out into a sheet about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use your desired cookie cutter to cut the dough into pieces. (If needed, dip the cookie cutter in flour to help keep the dough from sticking to it.) Arrange the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip each biscuit over, then return to the oven to continue baking until the treats are firm to the touch and baked through, about 8 minutes more.
*These treats should be stored in an airtight container inside the refrigerator.
‘THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW’ RENEWED UNTIL 2020: Ellen DeGeneres isn’t going anywhere. The comedian’s talk show has been renewed through the summer of 2020. Warner Bros. exec Ken Warner said in a statement, “Day in and day out Ellen delivers the best show on television. Ellen and her team produce a completely unique and exciting hour, which is appointment television for viewers everywhere. We are thrilled to continue our 13-year partnership with the NBC Stations which delivers to their communities the entertainment and inspiration of Ellen.” The show premiered in 2003.